Thursday, July 31, 2008

birthday bonus

My birthday was one week ago, on July 24th.  Since I had just had a baby four days earlier and wasn't feeling up to much, I had pretty low expectations for my big day.  Honestly, all I really wanted were two things:  to be able to have a nap and to be able to go to the bathroom (all you women who have had children know exactly what I mean).  Well, since my mom was in town helping us out, she made the nap part possible, and with the help of some Colace, my second wish was granted as well!  I was a happy 33 year old!  (Am I really that old?) 

But the fun didn't end there.   As if getting my two wishes wasn't enough, my mom cooked me a great birthday dinner and dessert.  To sweeten the deal even more, Patrick got me a BOSU so that I can whip my body back into shape.  I tried it tonight for the first time-- those exercises are a lot harder than they look!

bosu

Then he told me that he wanted my mom and I to go get mani/pedi's together that next Saturday.  Well, my mom is very ticklish and she didn't think she could stand all the rubbing and feet touching, so Patrick ended up going with me for his very first pedicure.  It was something I had been trying to get him to do with me for a long time, so it was a lot of fun! 

To top it all off, our neighbors had a beautiful and delicious fruit bouquet sent over.  They sent it because of the baby, but since it came on my birthday, I felt like it was for that too!

IMG_2654

Thanks to everyone who sent cards and called me as well.  I felt the love!

P.S.  I have to send a special shout-out to Emery for NOT being born on my birthday.  I was nervous because it was getting a little close and I didn't want to have to SHARE my big day!  I mean, I already share it with all those pioneers!

11 comments:

Erin said...

happy belated birthday! i think Heather, Emily and I came to visit you on the 24th. I didn't even know it was your birthday. I am sorry we didn't make a bigger deal out of it! I'm glad that you had a good birthday anyway.

It's Been a Day! said...

they had one of these at the pool the other day and ty thought it was a trampoline.

i'm glad patrick finally experienced a pedicure, however this is also bad news. because once they realize how awesome they are, they don't want to stop at just one. brent got one with his brother. i know, way gay, but he loved it.

glad it was a great birthday. can i have some of your colace?

merathon said...

erin-- i'm almost positive you came the day before or after my b-day. otherwise, i'm SURE i would have told you to make a big deal over me! (as if bringing me flowers and fruit wasn't enough! please! that was so sweet of you guys.)

Mary said...

I know how you feel. My birthday is July 25. Max almost came on the 26 but was born the 27th. He was due close to JB's birthday in August. But in Utah it would be nice to be born on Pioneer Day because most people get the day off work.

Congratulations on your new baby girl!
-Mary and JB Richards

Steph said...

you crack me up ----- but the fruit basket looks absolutely splendid --- i think i could devour the whole thing right now!!! and i want one of those exercise things too -- so could you have patrick share w/ chip where he got it --- we can't wait to come see the little one this weekend!!!! and i am REALLY hoping ours comes a week from today!

Carolee said...

Happy Late Birthday and Congrats on the new little girl!! I found your blog from the Thorley's blog...I hope you don't mind the peek!! It has been along time since we were in your Austin ward; it seem like you had just barely had Kendall when we were moving! Looks like you guys are doing fabulous!! Congrats again!
-Carolee Frost

Tamara said...

Happy Birthday and congrats my friend! Sorry about not posting earlier, I have been SUPER lazy lately, with no good excuse. I hope you can forgive me. I LOVE Emery's name. Love it. You look wonderful (of course, it IS you)and Emery is beautiful. BTW, when you get a chance please email me? I need a phone number from you...

Thanks and Congratulations again!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun day! I'm also glad you didn't have to share your day with ANOTHER person. :)

Byron and Tara said...

Happy late Birthday and congrats on that very darling baby girl!!

The Busby Family said...

Happy birthday and congrats, she is so adorable. Three girls that's great, and you look GREAT!!!

Corrine said...

hey sounds like a happy birthday. Glad you got to enjoy it and got your two wishes!!