Thursday, July 10, 2008

would you be intimidated. . .

. . . if this girl walked into your spinning class?

IMG_2537

I have to say that it is amazing the reaction I get when I walk into class and hop on my bike.  Have people never seen a pregnant woman work out before?  The reason I'm posting this picture is that I want to know what your opinion is:  Am I carrying this baby HIGH or LOW?  Some people tell me that my belly is so high and then others will say that it looks like that baby could drop out at any time!  My doctor told me on Monday that the baby is as low as it is going to get before it "heads out" (and I can attest to that with all the pressure I feel and the numerous trips to the bathroom).  I feel like if it was any lower, my pants wouldn't stay on!

And then, of course, the stomach starts sparking all the discussion about whether or not it is a boy or a girl.  "Looks like you swallowed a basketball-- must be a boy!"  "Your belly is straight out in front-- must be a boy!"  That is definitely the overwhelming verdict this time around. . . then again, almost everyone thought Kendall would be a boy as well.  People are always shocked when I tell them the truth-- that I really do NOT have a feeling one way or the other on what it will be.  But just in case the majority is right, I bought a little boy "going home from the hospital" outfit since I had NOTHING.

IMG_2514

Will it be given away as a baby gift like the boy outfit we bought when we were expecting Berkeley or will this actually be worn by a McKinnon this time?  Stay tuned. . .

P.S.  Apparently that is my "don't mess with me" face in that picture at the top.  Yeah, I know-- it's adorable.  I think I need to clean our bathroom mirror. . .

12 comments:

Erin said...

you look fierce! and yes i AM intimidated.

i have never had the "mothers intuition" when it comes to guessing the baby's sex. so you're not the only one!

Anonymous said...

I think people are amazed because not many people stay that fit all the way through...I couldn't do it. But you look great - the belly doesn't look particularly low to me but it is definitely all out front. I'll be excited to hear about the new baby.

Lauren said...

You look fabulous Mere! I definatley think you are carrying low - and I remember how uncomfortable that was.

I think it is awesome that you went spinning - I would be intimidated to spin next to you!!!

Good luck with baby #3!!

xo

Andrea said...

i would probably stare at you too if i saw you hop on a bike - my exercise during pregnancy consists of walking up and down my stairs, haha. i think you look straight out, smack in the middle. and i am dying to know what it is!!

mkt said...

I didn't have a feeling one way or the other with Lincoln, but with the other two I had surreal "is my baby okay?" dreams about a week before they were born where I checked the gender - and both times were right!

It's Been a Day! said...

i think you look like you are carrying that baby normal!! i can never tell. i would love for you guys to have a boy, but i will be very excited as well if it was another girl.

Tamara said...

I think low...don't know what that means except that the end is near!

So, I think I am jealous..you look fabulous even when you are about to pop! I think we should all be spinning, preggers or not... :)

Rose said...

First of all - I'm so glad you're on blogger!!! yep, I seriously had a hard time commenting on the old blog. And mad props for still getting to spinning class - of course I'm not surprised . . . you're amazing.

Megs said...

I hope it is a boy!! I agree that boy names are so much harder than girl names. Sorry for the no comments lately. I forgot that you switched blogs so I didn't have you in my netvibes. Now I am all caught up. I love berks in the gloves. It is just so Berks. Glad Kendall had a great time at tennis camp. I have no idea if you are carrying hi or low, but either way I hope you have this little baby soon! I love the blue in the bathroom. I am impressed with all your projects.

jessie said...

High or low you look great! I remember knowing when both of my boys had dropped, but no one else could tell.. There's just no mistaking an engaged head, right?! LOL!! I keep checking your blog waiting for the big announcement of the new arrival! Have you dilated at all? And the outfit is adorable! I still have a really cute little pink dress I bought when I was pregnant with Eddie and haven't been able to bring myself to give it away yet. ;)

Jenn Knight said...

I love this post... I wish I looked so good right now at 4.5 months!!

Can't wait to find out what the sex is! Post as soon as you can...

Nollie said...

Definitely carrying low. Your are the bionic woman!