Wednesday, November 5, 2008

mid-afternoon musings

  1. I am happy to finally be able to answer my phone again.  I had pretty much given up answering because 9 out of 10 calls were pre-recorded election mumbo-jumbo!
  2. I wasn't really excited about either of our options for president this time around.  I voted based on which one I disliked the least.  I don't want to get all political, so I won't say who I voted for, but I am definitely interested to see what these next four years will hold.  Lots of people have such high hopes, so we'll see how that all plays out.
  3. As I was putting away some clothes that Emery has outgrown, I realized that she is my first child to actually be big enough that she needed to move into 3-6 month size clothing when she was three months!  Hooray!
  4. I know this happens every year, but I still am always shocked when I go into the grocery store the day after Halloween and already see Christmas candy!
  5. The baby has been napping for the last 2 hours.  This does not usually happen.  I am a MUCH happier person when this DOES happen.
  6. I love the farmers' market and it is now closed until April!  Say it isn't so!
  7. I'm really excited for Christmas this year.  Last year, I puked from November to February (and got bronchitis as a fun little treat), which made it a little harder to enjoy everything.  There were lots of things that I wanted to do with the family, that just didn't happen since I was feeling so horrible.  I have great expectations for this year's holiday season!

6 comments:

The Happy Runner said...

Yeah, that Christmas stuff showing up in the stores so early always gets me! All the stores around here are full-on Christmas!

Mirien said...

About #3--I am still waiting for Hayley to grow into the 0-3 month stuff! Seriously, she is so small that everything is still huge on her. Way to go, Emery!

Crazy Mom of Four said...

yeah for naps and growing babies.

Morgan said...

i figured i could really only relate to #'s 5 & 7 as my happiness also depends on 2 hour naps, and i'm really looking forward to this year's christmas too as it should involve more than just a 3-foot christmas tree and one other dude!

Molly said...

I'm glad you found our blog! I've been keeping tabs on yours for a while now. I'm so with you about not being crazy about either candidate. That was my dilemna as well.

Maria said...

Hi Meredith! I saw your blog link on Stephanie's. I sure miss the NC weather--its way too cold here in Boston. I sent you and invite to our blog so you can see our cold adventures. I wish I was there to meet your new baby...take care!