Sunday, February 22, 2009

priorities

I’m very aware that I haven’t been blogging much.  Those of you who don’t read my blog through Bloglines or Google Reader are probably tired of checking to see if I’ve updated lately and most likely have stopped checking.  Basically what it boils down to is that having three kids is kicking my butt.  You’d think that I’d be getting the hang of things now that Emery is seven months old, but not so much.  I have a baby who wants to be held 99% of the time that she’s awake, so the only time I can get stuff done is during her naps.  While she takes her morning nap, I get my workout time in on the spin bike, and during her afternoon nap, I’ve been working on one of my goals for the year—purging/organizing every room in the house, which includes every closet, drawer, and cupboard.  After she goes to bed, I inevitably have to do something like clean up the kitchen from dinner or another task equally as fun.  I barely have time to shower and get meals on the table, let alone blog.  There have been SO many things I’ve wanted to blog about, so I’m going to try to squeeze in a few minutes a day for blogging so I can get caught up.  We’ll see how I do.  Tomorrow I’m going to try to post about our Valentine’s weekend, but while you’re waiting for that one, here’s a picture of my new haircut.  Just got it chopped yesterday! (I haven’t had my hair this short since Patrick and I met 12 years ago.  Because of that, he said it makes me look 10 years younger!  What do you think?)

my new haircutThis is the last time it will look like this since I do not have the time or desire to blow it straight every day.  I like it, but we’ll see how I like it when it’s got my curls/waves in it.  I’m glad I discovered how to take pictures with the built-in webcam on the new laptop Patrick bought me for Christmas-- WAY easier than the self-portraits with my camera!  Kendall wanted to get in on the action too:

silly faces

10 comments:

Erin said...

love the haircut. you look great!

The Dahle Family said...

I know, so much to blog about, so little time.
Cute new dew! It is fun to do something drastic :) I have been tempted to do something similar, but Aaron and Xander both like it long.

emilyaaa said...

your hair looks great! it really does! and you do look younger!! and i totally hear you about the 3 kids kicking your butt. I know you think i've got it all together because I sew on occasion, but honestly, i don't. You should see my house right now. You should see the kitchen sink...oh, wait, you can't cause it's BURIED in dishes!! Eliza wants to be held all the time, too!!! and there's only so much you can do with one hand!! tell me it's just a phase, please!!!

Mirien said...

I like the hair--be sure to post a curly picture. Lately I've been going curly every day because it's so fast.

And I remember the days with three kids--it was hard at first! Believe it or not, but the transition to four was easier because the others were just enough older to be a little more independent (3,5,7). But six?? Not sure when I'm going to recover from that one.

Steph said...

i LOVE the haircut - and understand your business because 1 kid is hard for me! so you are amazing....and organizing is a goal of mine too and right now i am falling short - so thanks for the motivation - i will start trying to do a little at a time! really LOVE the hair!

Corrine said...

great hair, and i totally understand....i have slowed down a lot on my blogging, well i still write but i used to spend a good amount of time reading and commenting, which i rarely do anymore.

yes you really won!

mkt said...

Cute hair! I feel your pain about the three kids... the only way I got anything done was by wearing Peter in my Moby Wrap all day... now he's too big :( and is going through a clingy phase because his molars are coming in. I miss my wrap!

jan said...

Very cute hair! And you look way too young to have three kids!! love you, j

The Kerr Family said...

Love the hair!

It's Been a Day! said...

i think the hair looks fantastic!! great choice.