Wednesday, May 6, 2009

party like it’s 1989

In a little over an hour I am leaving for the airport with Emery to fly to Utah for my little brother Mitchell’s wedding.  This is the second of my three little brothers to get married and I still can’t believe that they could possibly be old enough for this already!

Don’t be too disappointed, but I won’t be taking my computer with me (I have way too many other things to get through security to have to worry about a laptop too) so there will be no Friday Food this week.  I hope that doesn’t ruin anyone’s weekend!  I, of course, will be having a great time hanging out with my parents, 4 sisters, and 3 brothers (and some spouses and kids mixed in as well).  It’s been a while since we’ve all been together, which means there will be lots of late nights and VERY little sleeping. . . can’t wait!

fillmores- old picThis is a picture of my family from somewhere around 1989, I think.  (Correct me if I’m wrong, sisters!)  I’m the one on the far right with the beautiful glasses and Mitchell is the curly-haired cutie on the bottom right.  And now that little kid is gettin’ hitched. . .

12 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

LOVE the blast from the past! Have fun at the wedding, and please post pictures of the happy couple--I'd love to see what Mitchell's bride looks like!

Jenn-Lee said...

So fun! I knew that was you. Love the look. :) Have a safe trip. And have fun away from all of our storms.

Maria said...

LOVE the rockin' photo!

Corrine said...

that picture totally rocks :) love it and knew that was you, do you still own those glasses?? have a safe trip or hope it was a great trip how fun.

emilyaaa said...

okay, so i've never really thought your girls had any YOU in them until i saw the two little boys on the front row! kendall looks so much like the one on the right and berkely looks so much like the one on the left!! not that your girls look like boys....but your brothers, with that hair and all...well, they just remind me of your little girls :) that picture is awesome! enjoy your trip!!

Melinda said...

that's a whole lotta hairspray in that picture. it makes me feel OLD since that is totally how i remember your whole family--my first memories of "ed fillmore's" is in indiana probably around 1989. great photo!!
my mom mentioned mitchell's wedding today. i hope you have lots of fun! (hope you get a little sleep at least.)
that's one more lucky girl to become a fillmore.

It's Been a Day! said...

don't you still own that shirt? it's awesome!! congrats to mitchell.

Karen said...

Ah, that's the Meredith I remember. And you know what? Those glasses sure do make you look like the smartest one in your family . . . okay, maybe next to your dad. hee hee

Kerry and Dave said...

Okay, I LOVE that you posted that picture! Have a great time!

Megs said...

You have no idea how happy that picture made me tonight. It was a long day of house hunting, trying to keep Blake happy and still have a good attitude. I enlarged this photo and totally laughed out loud! Thanks for posting and I hope you had a great time at the wedding.

Tamara said...

Whew....that pic brings me back...I had a dress just like your sister on the far left. Seriously, it was pink though and had an underskirt. Congrats to your brother!!

Mirien said...

Watch, it, Tamara. I still wear that dress. Except now I put my hair up in a bun and wear wire-rimmed glasses, too.