Wednesday, August 12, 2009

logic

Kendall came up to me a couple weeks ago and said, “Mom, I know what flabbergasted means.”  “Really?” I said.  “Yeah, it means surprised!”  I told her that was exactly right and I couldn’t believe she knew such a big word.  About five minutes later, she said, “Emery’s birthday party is going to be such a flabbergast for her!”

Today Kendall asked me what an outlaw was.  I told her that it was like a really bad criminal.  Berkeley said, “What’s a criminal?”  I told them it was someone who breaks the law.  Berkeley said, “Like not flushing the toilet when you did a poop?”  And then Kendall said, “So that means in-laws are not criminals, right?”  Hmmmm…depends on the in-law. . .

wantedposter

4 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

What a cute "wanted" poster! Did you make it or find it somewhere and just tweak it? I love the picture of Berkeley--she's adorable.

Erin said...

we need a poster like that at my house! sutton left a special surprise in the toilet yesterday. when michael asked her about it she said liam did it. he believed her. she is a good liar. which is bad for my future!

Mirien said...

Hide, Berkeley!

Megs said...

That is very funny. I guess you have to be careful to not let "if it is yellow, let it mellow" go too far or else!!