Friday, July 27, 2012

kitchen. . . DONE!

Remember this?  Low ceilings and orangey-wood stained cabinets. . .

DSC_0040

And this?  Lovely black granite backsplash with shiny copper nursing pigs. . .

DSC_0043

Well, check out the facelift!

DSC_0727

DSC_0729

And this view. . .

DSC_0047

. . .now looks like THIS!

DSC_0732

DSC_0737

DSC_0734

Same cabinets (just painted), same countertops (not my fave, but they are sticking around for now), but a new backsplash, new appliances, and a higher ceiling.  It is SO much brighter and more open and it turned out exactly the way I envisioned it.

There are still a few minor tweaks that need to happen (like changing out the light fixture over the kitchen table which I am not a fan of), but we are pumped about our new space!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ahhhhmazing! You've got some great taste, girl.

Erin said...

looks great. i love the white cabinets. i really wished you had kept the nursing pigs though... they were so classy! :) haha.

Stephanie said...

It looks like they really did high quality work - especially on painting the cabinets and installing the backsplash. Enjoy cooking!

Karey said...

I love it! Just this week I went with a contractor to look at a house we're looking at, and he LAUGHED at me when I told him I would want to keep the original cabinets, but paint them and raise them to the ceiling, and add a shelf underneath - just like you did! I'm going to email him these pictures!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

It looks just the way it should-- so inviting, open and fresh. Nice work! And hurray for having your kitchen back to full-functioning order! It really does look great.

Melinda said...

This looks fabulous!!! Way to go!

Tracy said...

Will you email me details about the painted cabinets? You had them professionally done? I LOVE LOVE LOVE white kitchens and this looks amazing!! What a makeover.

Melissa said...

Yay!! Your kitchen is back and it looks AMAZING!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I never commented on this. Anyways, it looks AMAZING! I think raising the ceiling was well worth it. It just looks so much more open and inviting! And I also miss those nursing pigs. I hope they went to a good home. :)

Shirlee said...

You did a great job on your makeover! I don't see why you wanted to get rid of the nursing pigs though. Didn't they provide enough culinary inspiration?