Monday, November 16, 2009

dust off your wings, tooth fairy

Kendall woke up this morning telling everyone she has her very first loose tooth!  I wasn’t sure if she really had one (remember, she didn’t even have ONE tooth in her mouth until she was 19 months), so I gave it the wiggle test and I can verify that it is, in fact, TRUE!

Kendall is beaming.  She has waited patiently as lots of friends have lost teeth and she is so excited that it’s finally HER turn!

One guess as to who is NOT so excited. . .

IMG_0569

It’s only been one hour and I’ve already heard “why don’t I get to have a loose tooth?” at least 17 times.  Patrick graciously offered to punch Berkeley in the mouth to loosen up a few teeth.  She waited a little too long to say no—I think she was seriously considering it.  Anything to one up her sister!

7 comments:

Dana said...

That is a priceless picture. I was laughing out loud. So far with the twins everything has really happened at the same time in their lives so I haven't experienced this quite yet.

Erin said...

haha! Michael and were laughing so hard about Berkeley wanting to be punched in the mouth! She is so funny. So is Patrick to make that offer!

Liam got his first (and second) loose tooth a couple of weeks ago but those teeth are still hanging in there. I keep threatening to yank them out for him but he won't let me anywhere near his mouth now.

Heather said...

so funny! glad you snapped a shot of the moment- it is worth a thousand words! it is nice to know that our kids aren't the only ones who are die hard competitive about EVERYTHING!

Mirien said...

That is a great picture! And Kendall is lucky--our kids all had to wait until they were 8 to lose a tooth!

jessie said...

What a great picture to capture each girl's attitude about the loose tooth! LOL! I wonder if Eddie will be the same way when Jack gets his first loose tooth? (Though with Eddie's ER track record I won't be surprised if he loses one first..;)

Megs said...

Love Berks' face. Seriously, it is perfect. Kendall's smile almost looks like she is mocking her making the whole picture so perfect.

Marliese said...

Yea, Kendall! This is huge! We're excited for you....any progress?