Friday, January 29, 2010

don’t adjust your computer screen

No, my camera isn’t just extremely out of focus today.  That is the snow that is falling outside my front door right now.  The weatherman said it was coming, but I have to admit that I was a little skeptical because of the time back in December when they told us all to brace for a huge storm and we didn’t get anything.  This time they said it wouldn’t start snowing till late this evening, so when we were at Harris Teeter at 4:30 and Berkeley said, “What are those white things blowing around outside?”, I thought she was joking!  The grocery store is right across the street from Kendall’s school, so it’s not uncommon for us to swing by for a few things on the way home from picking her up.  Bad idea today.  We parked back in the FAR FAR corners of the parking lot that I have NEVER had to park in before.  I had to really step up my cart-driving skills as I weaved in and out of the hundreds of people trying to fill their carts with all the milk, bread, and cheese they could!

IMG_1540

1 comment:

molly kay said...

We're supposed to get 4 inches up here in VA today and it's coming down hard right now. Don't forget all those who are stocking up on toilet paper too! It's just hysterical to me to see those peopl eat the grocery store at the mere mention of snow! Like you couldn't go out if you really needed to once it starts snowing!