Thursday, February 18, 2010

up up and away!

image 

On Monday, I had just placed an order for this movie on Amazon for $14.99.  At the same time, Patrick happened to be looking at the Sunday ads and saw on the front page of the Target ad that they had it on sale for just NINE DOLLARS!  I immediately canceled my order (I love that you can do that online with Amazon if you do it soon enough) and I just got home from snagging our own personal copy.  I can’t wait to watch it again with my girlies!

P.S.  If you were thinking, “I haven’t seen it, but does it really live up to all the hype?”, may I just leave you with this quote from the Wall Street Journal:

The film is nominated for best animated feature film (expected) and also for best picture (not completely unexpected, but still an exceptional achievement).

“Up” is the first Pixar film to be nominated for a best picture Oscar. It’s only the second animated feature in the best picture category (Disney’s 1991 film “Beauty and the Beast” was the first) and it’s the first animated film to get a nomination for best picture since the Oscars created a separate best animated feature film category in 2001. “Up” was nominated for five Oscars in total.

Get thee to Target!

(but for reals—did you really need an excuse?)

6 comments:

Corrine said...

got the movie for christmas and still haven't seen it all the way...tried in the theater and at home several times...one day

Corrine said...

and how did you get a bigger blog layout? do share with me? need to clean mine up and spread it out! :)

Karen said...

Hmmm, I'll have to watch that movie again. Truthfully, after the first half hour which I loved, I thought the rest was just weird. I kept falling asleep. So maybe, armed with a Diet Pepsi in my hands, I would have a better experience in my family room. ?? Nominated for Best Picture, really??

Erin said...

Wow! $9 is a great price! I really enjoyed the movie. It has a much broader range of emotions than most kid movies but I liked that.

Maren said...

I thought it was kind of weird too, but at the same time I canNOT stop laughing while I watch it! Ernie came home with it one day because he thought our kids shouldn't watch the same movies over and over all the time (?). So now they watch Up over and over all the time.

It's Been a Day! said...

LOVED this movie.