Am I really in my mid-30’s now?
I didn’t have high expectations for my birthday when I found out that Patrick was not going to be able to make a trip back to Charlotte for it. It’s just not the same when your husband isn’t around to pamper you and help out with the kids to make your day seem a little less like a regular day.
But despite my low expectations, I ended up having a pretty fabulous day. Here are some of the things that made it so wonderful:
- As I laid in bed this morning, trying to decide if I should get up yet, I heard Berkeley come into my room to try to wake me up. I pretended that I was still asleep and then heard Kendall say, “Berkeley! Let Mom sleep in for her birthday!”
- Emery tried to work out with me this morning which was so hilarious to watch, as well as hearing her try to say “exercise!”
- We got to spend some time at the library.
- We went to the farmers’ market and stocked up on lots of fruits and veggies—especially SC peaches!
- Kendall and Berkeley made me lots of pipe cleaner/bead jewelry all throughout the day, along with some really sweet cards.
- Patrick called me multiple times throughout the day to keep wishing me a “happy birthday” and tell me how much he misses me.
- I got all of the yard work done yesterday so that I didn’t have to do any today!
- I ate lots of peaches!
- Patrick sent me some bright and cheery flowers.
- I took an afternoon nap.
- I got tons of phone calls, emails, texts, and Facebook messages from friends and family. Thanks, everyone!
- Patrick gave me the one gift I really wanted (well, with the exception of selling our house, which would have been the best gift ever)!
- My YOUNG friends Jenny & Erin took me out to dinner while Jenny’s husband watched my girls. We went to Zada Jane’s and it was DELICIOUS! It was the perfect way to end the day.
- And finally. . . during dinner I got a phone call saying that we have another showing tomorrow—fingers crossed that this is THE ONE! Please??