Only 25 minutes left of my birthday, and it was a good one.
We started the party on Friday night by going to see the final Harry Potter movie with Dr. Chris and the lovely Jenny (some Charlotte friends who have just moved to Colorado—woo hoo!) and then continued the celebration last night by going out for a Birthday Eve dinner with Patrick and my girls. Today, I got to have a nap after church and then a couple friends paid me a surprise visit with some delicious treats. For dinner, we went to my sister’s house where she had cooked up a fabulous meal. Then my girls started pulling out all the presents that they had wrapped for me—I’m modeling some of them here:
Berkeley and Emery’s gifts were so cute. Basically, they had gone through the house and found things to re-gift me. It was pretty hilarious and I think my little brother might have wet himself because he was laughing so hard! There were:
- Mardi Gras beads (around my neck)
- a homemade necklace (around my neck)
- some bracelets they found on the ground one day
- two dollars
- a Primary bookmark
- some Church pamphlets
- a pen
- a pencil case
- some scrap paper
- a pink ribbon
- some pictures they had drawn
- and a crepe paper flower that my mom had made for a decoration for Emery’s party a few days ago (in my hair in the above picture)
- Junior Mints
- a running watch
- and some new Keens (love the spicy red!) so I can look like a real Coloradan
It was weird thinking that my last birthday was spent in Charlotte with a few good friends just a couple weeks before we moved. I still miss all my peeps in Charlotte, but it sure has been great living close to some family, some amazing friends from our Boston days, and making some fabulous NEW friends!
Happy birthday to ME!