Sunday, December 25, 2011

not a creature was stirring. . .

After most of the family left to go sleep at my parents’ house, two of my brothers and their wives stayed to spend the night at our house.  We got the girls in bed and then got to work wrapping the final presents and getting ready for Santa.  Patrick was the first adult to call it a night—no surprise there!  Then the sisters-in-law pooped out, and after some more laughs, finally my brothers turned in as well.  So it was just me, in a quiet house, making the cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning breakfast and putting the finishing touches on everything.  It was into the wee hours of the morning by the time I made it up to bed.  I always love looking at the Christmas tree with all the other lights in the house turned off, and the gifts awaiting to be unwrapped in just a few hours.

DSC_0032

And this is the view from our front window, with the luminaries still lit even at 4:00 am!  I love this tradition.

DSC_0025

By the time I headed up to bed, Santa had already come. . . bringing the pillow pets he’d promised and a few other surprises!

DSC_0031

No comments: