Wednesday, September 5, 2012

first day of our LAST year of preschool

2012-09-04 001

Emery had her first day back at preschool on Tuesday.  She was excited until we got into her classroom and then she broke down crying.  I’m pretty sure it had to do with the fact that Patrick and I were out of town all weekend, so she was staying with my parents, and my mom dropped her off at our house right before we had to take her to school.  So she had just a few minutes with me (when she hadn’t seen me since Thursday) before I shipped her out again.  Combine that with a little sleep deprivation from hanging out with cousins all weekend and you get an overwhelmed little girl.  When I picked her up, I explained the situation to her teacher and she said that with all that going on, she was very impressed that Emery handled it as well as she did.  Apparently she didn’t take too long to calm down and had a great rest of the day.

Hard to believe that next year I will have ALL elementary school children.  Next year, all three girls will be in elementary school together and that will be the ONLY year for the rest of their school careers where they will all be in the same school!

No comments: