Wednesday, January 20, 2010

one point five

IMG_1208

My baby is 18 months old today (and way too big for that Bumbo that she wanted to sit in)!  This might possibly be the most cliché statement EVER, but seriously, where does the time go?

We have just loved having this brown-eyed beauty in our family.  Kendall and Berkeley have beautiful blue eyes, but I was so excited to get one with Patrick’s browns!  (I needed someone to sing “Brown-Eyed Girl” about!)

In honor of Emery’s first 18 months on this earth, here are 18 things about her:

  1. She is a mama’s girl.  I love cuddling with her, but it does get a little old when I’m trying to make dinner!
  2. As much as she likes ME, she gets SO excited when she gets to see her daddy—especially since it isn’t very often!
  3. She has 11 teeth and loves having them brushed at night.  (I can’t help but laugh when I think of Kendall at this age with still NOT ONE tooth!)
  4. She loves putting on necklaces and carrying around purses.
  5. She is a great eater and eats pretty much anything I put in front of her (roasted cauliflower is a current fave), but is very picky about the cold cereals she will eat.  Chex, corn flakes, and bran flakes are about it—and don’t even think about trying to get her to eat Cheerios or Kix!
  6. She goes to bed around 6:30 or 7:00 every night and doesn’t wake up until 7:00 or 7:30 the next morning.  Oh, how I LOVE a good sleeper!
  7. She loves playing with her big sisters but is NOT a big fan of Berkeley picking her up (usually she doesn’t mind when Kendall does it).
  8. She really likes when I sing songs to her, especially “Popcorn Popping,” which she can’t actually sing herself yet, but has most of the actions down pat!
  9. She loves looking at animals from afar, but when they get too close, she freaks out.
  10. She’s saying quite a few words, some easier to translate than others.  I think anyone would understand her “mama” or “dada” but I doubt you’d get her “apple,” “please” (dzzz), “yes” (sssss), or “thank you” (duh-duh), which is also how she says “Kendall”!  She mostly gets her point across by nodding, pointing, and grunting.
  11. She has been walking for just 3 months now, which was exactly the same age both of her sisters took their first steps.
  12. She doesn’t really like many of her indoor toys (which makes cold days challenging) but loves playing on the new trampoline, getting pulled in her wagon, and swinging in our front yard tree swing.
  13. Her most favorite indoor toy is the play kitchen.  She likes pretending she is stirring and baking, just like her sisters.
  14. She blows kisses at almost everyone we pass while we’re in the grocery store, Target, or running other errands.  It’s about the cutest thing ever.
  15. She does NOT like having things in her hair.  I will put in a barrette and it looks so adorable and she smiles when I tell her how cute she looks. . . then pulls it right out.
  16. She has a really soft blanket that she has to sleep with, but she doesn’t want it on top of her; it has to be crumpled up under her face while she sleeps.
  17. She is obsessed with messing things up on my computer.
  18. The only time she’ll lay her head down on my shoulder is when I’m singing to her before I put her in her bed.

I snapped these pictures today during the gorgeous almost 70 degree weather we had!  I can see exactly what she’s thinking in this picture, “It’s way too nice outside—let me get out there!” 

IMG_1395

To which I wholeheartedly obliged.

IMG_1418

4 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Emery is beautiful. It's fun to get to know her better from your descriptions. I think she and Anna would get along pretty well. They're only a half-month apart. So sweet!

Megs said...

So cute! Seriously she is darling. I am excited for the runion to get to know her more. It will be fun to see her little personality and have a week to enjoy her.

The Dahle Family said...

I loved this post, Meredith! You are such a good mom and your girls are super sweet! I'm so glad we had some time to enjoy them back in October! we love you guys!

It's Been a Day! said...

i love little emery. she is so cute! funny about the blanket thing. my kids really have a preference which way their blanket is when they sleep. oh wait, if it gets messed up one inch from what they want, they let me know - usually about 1 am! i'm excited to see emery in a few months. she'll be almost 2 then. so crazy!