Sunday, July 3, 2011

symphony in the park

This post is dedicated to Emily, who cares!  Miss you!

One of my favorite summertime activities when we lived in Charlotte was going to the Symphony in the Park series.  I was excited when I found out that Denver has one too!  We brought a picnic and joined my family (my parents, my sister, and my brothers and their wives) for a relaxing evening on the lawn.  And because it was the night before Independence Day, they finished the show with a great (albeit a little short) fireworks show!

On our way to Civic Center Park from the parking garage, we passed by the Denver Art Museum and Kendall wanted to clean up a bit. . .

DSC_0204

Yummy treats. . .

DSC_0219

. . . and fun people!

DSC_0220

DSC_0221

DSC_0224

DSC_0215

DSC_0228

The state Capitol and massive crowds!

DSC_0237

This was Emery’s very first fireworks show and she loved it—it was so much fun to listen to her reactions.  I don’t know how to use my camera at night, so here’s a little video I took before it got too dark:

*I didn’t realize this till I uploaded the pictures, but somehow I didn’t get any pictures of Berkeley!  (She makes an appearance in the video, though.)  Patrick was unfortunately not able to make it since he was speaking at a baptism that was at the same time!

1 comment:

The Dahle Family said...

Wish SO MUCH that I could have been there! We tried to make it feel the the 4th even without fireworks...