Tuesday, May 22, 2012

end of school vacation—part 2

This was the first time we had been to NYC since the 9/11 Memorial opened last year, so it was really important to me that we got to see it.  We prepared the girls by watching part of a 9/11 documentary so that it would mean more to them.

DSC_0256

The memorial was really intense for me.  You would think that I knew one of the victims with how much the memories of that day affect me.   As we read over some of the names, Kendall noticed a name that said “and her unborn child” next to it.  It hit both of us pretty hard. 

DSC_0254

DSC_0252

DSC_0257

DSC_0260

I’m glad we went, but it was so strange being there and imagining what it must have been like to be there when those horrible crimes were committed on that ground over ten years ago.

Then we walked out to Battery Park to get a view of our beautiful Lady Liberty.

DSC_0273

DSC_0281

Pit stop on the way back to Grandma and Grandpa’s apartment:

DSC_0298

And speaking of their apartment, check out the views from up there!  I never get sick of gazing out those windows.

DSC_0249

DSC_0250

IMAG0663

No comments: